In order to use RunSignup, your browser must accept cookies. Otherwise, you will not be able to register for races or use other functionality of the website. However, your browser doesn't appear to allow cookies by default.
If you still see this message after clicking the link, then your browser settings are likely set to not allow cookies. Please try enabling cookies. You can find instructions at https://www.whatismybrowser.com/guides/how-to-enable-cookies/auto.
1. What are the rules to qualify for the UCI Gran Fondo World Championship in Sept. 2023 in Glasgow Scotland?
Riders who finish in the top 25% of their age group at this ride will qualify for the World Championships. You can view more on the qualifying page.
2. What accommodations are available in the Jacksonville, AL area?
Details are coming soon on the accommodations page.
3. What is included in the registration fee?
Details are on our Race Info Page.
4. What is the weekend event schedule?
Details are on our Event Schedule Page.
5. Where is packet pickup and registration?
Packet pickup for TT riders will be at Pete Matthews Coliseum for TT riders on Friday, May 19th from 5-8. Packet pickup will be open 6 AM at the Eubanks Welcome Center in Piedmont.
Packet pickup for all riders for Sunday's events will be at Pete Matthews starting at 8 AM on Saturday until 8 PM. Pickup will open up at 5:30 on Sunday morning at Pete Matthews until 7:30 for all Challenge and ULTRA riders, and 8 AM for all Cruise riders.
6. We want to create a Team? What are the rules?
Details are on our Ride Rules Page.
7. There is $3,250 in cash prizes and other Awards this year? Where do I find that info?
Details are on our Awards Page.
8. May I buy a t-shirt?
Maybe. Please go to the NEABA booth after the ride starts. Any of this year’s leftover shirts will be for sale. We also have previous years’ shirts/jerseys for sale, too.
9. How do I buy an event jersey/bibs/shorts? How do I buy an ULTRA Finisher jersey/bibs/shorts?
We have a limited quantity of this year’s jerseys for sale for $95, and previous year’s jerseys for lower prices, for sale at the NEABA booth. Our merchandise store will open for post-event orders on May 21, 2023. Both event kits and ULTRA Finisher kits will be on sale for three weeks after the ride.
10. May I exchange my jersey/shirt for a different size?
Yes, as long as we have inventory.
11. You ran out of my size shirt. Can you order another one for me?
If we can’t substitute a size that is agreeable with you, we will order a shirt for you, but there will be a $5 mailing charge. Please fill out the appropriate form at the NEABA booth.
12. May I pick up someone else’s packet/jersey?
Yes, unless it's for the century route - the UCI Gran Fondo World Championship Qualifier. Century riders must be present and show their I.D.
13. Where can I get a map? A cue sheet?
There are Challenge/ULTRA/Cruise maps and cue sheets on the registration tables at packet pickup. Also you can print and download. We will also have all official routes downloadable for GPS units and phone apps to have with you during the ride for turn by turn navigation.
14. Do I have to wear my bib number?
Yes. You will be disqualified if you do not.
15. Can I switch my distance before the ride?
Yes, for every distance EXCEPT the ULTRA. Once you register for the ULTRA, you will not be allowed to switch to another distance category before the start on May 21, 2023; however, if you decide halfway through riding the ULTRA you would prefer to do the century ride (or less), you can switch your category after you finish by going to the Timing Trailer. This will change your distance for the official results.
16. What if I don’t end up actually riding the distance I signed up for? What do I do?
Please let the timing people at the finish line know, so they can switch your distance.
1. Where is registration? Where is packet pickup? Where is the NEABA booth?
Inside Pete Mathews Coliseum, in the lobby, and the NEABA booth will relocate to the main tent after the ride starts.
2. Where are the bathrooms? Porto-potties? Showers?
Bathrooms – Portopotties are located outside near the start/finish chute. Bathrooms and showers are located inside Pete Mathews Coliseum.
3. Where is the pre-ride party this year?
The pre-ride party is held at the main tent at Pete Mathews Coliseum on Saturday, May 20th from 5 – 8 p.m. Buffet is catered by Effina’s of Jacksonville/Anniston. There will be vegetarian and gluten-free options. Cost for riders and non-riders is $15/each.
4. Where is the START/FINISH?
The Start/Finish is located at the main entrance (northside) of Pete Mathews Coliseum, 775 Park Ave NW, Jacksonville, AL. There are huge towers and banner marking the Start/Finish.
5. What time is the start of the Challenge/ULTRA?
6. What time is the start of the Cruise?
7. Do riders have to line up a certain way?
Yes. Line Up Instructions To Be Announced.
8. What time/where is breakfast?
Breakfast is from 5:30 a.m. – 10 a.m. under the main tent, the great big white one, on the northside of Pete Mathews Coliseum. Included in your event fee. Free for all!
9. What time/where is the post-ride party?
Lunch/Dinner is served buffet-style from 11 a.m. until 7 p.m., catered by Cooter’s Rib Shack. Cost is free for riders, $10/each for non-riders. Vendors can purchase meal tickets when they register. Volunteers eat free.
10. Can non-riders eat lunch/dinner?
Yes, for a $15 fee.
11. Can Volunteers eat the buffet on Sunday?
12. Where/when is the pre-ride devotional service?
The brief pre-ride prayer service is at 7 a.m. inside Pete Mathews Coliseum.
13. Are there any cutoffs?
Yes, there are three cutoffs on our routes.
12 noon (Miles 42.9) - There is a cutoff for Century/ULTRA riders at Cheaha State Park (Rest Stop #4). Riders will not be allowed to go on to Adam’s Gap (Rest Stop #5) past 12 noon. Riders will be directed to leave Rest Stop #4 and head back to Jacksonville.
1:00 p.m. (Mile 55.4) - For ULTRA riders, they will not be allowed to turn from 281 onto Cheaha Road after 1 p.m.
4 p.m. (Mile 96.9) – For ULTRA riders, they will not be allowed to turn from Hwy 9 onto Choccolocco Road after 4 p.m.
14. Where do I pick up my UCI medal? Where do I pick up my event medal?
The UCI medals will be at the awards table next to the podiums. The event medals will be at the awards table by the podiums.
15. What are the Time Trial Details?
Start: Saturday, May 20, 2023 at 7:00 a.m. at Eubanks Welcome Center, Piedmont, AL (Note: You will be assigned a start time the day before the ride and that time will be emailed out to you)
Finish: Pete Mathews Coliseum, Jacksonville State University, Jacksonville, AL (Same venue as the Cheaha Challenge Gran Fondo & ULTRA, and Chief Ladiga Cruise)
For more information, check out the Time Trial Page.
16. Where is Lost & Found
Lost & Found will be located at the NEABA booth.
Thank you! Your message was posted to Facebook.